Social media marketing is a dynamic, challenging and ever-changing industry. We’ve seen and experienced a lot of crazy scenarios – both on personal and business social media accounts.
It would only seem logical to share our top professional social media pet peeves. Some of these may resonate with you, but if you’re not a regular business social media user, perhaps you can still get a chuckle (or a chill) from these top business peeves.
- A LinkedIn profile without a photo (or an inappropriate picture such as a cartoon character)
- Leaving questions or comments unanswered on business social media pages
- Posting multiple times a week via the LinkedIn long-form publishing tool
- Poor grammar and frequent typos
- Business Facebook accounts set up as a ‘friend’ page rather than a fan page
- Sharing inappropriate or very personal updates on business social media sites
- Sending mass messages without blind copying the recipients on LinkedIn
- Constant sales pitches, rather than value-add posts
- Improper formatting, typically when sharing content across multiple channels (ex: using hashtags and Twitter handles in LinkedIn or Facebook updates)
- Click bait headlines that capture attention, but fail to connect the title to the content within the post (or worse, it’s just a boring advertorial)
- Making an initial connection with a company or business only to ask for free advice or make a request (ex: share your content, like your page or connect you with someone we know)
- Automated direct messages on TwitterAs we see social media channels evolve, I’m certain this list will only continue to grow!Let us help you with your social media management